Saturday, September 29, 2012

day eight

Happy Friday! I woke up this morning and practiced the 5 Tibetan Rites. What a way to wake up!! Paul Risse demonstrates these at about 2 minutes into this video. For detailed information about these rites, click here. Basically, they are a series of 5 quick exercises that get your body moving and your blood flowing. Don't forget to exercise daily! Especially if you are sedentary at work, try to get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes a day. Sweat is good.
 

For breakfast, I drank a chocolate spinach smoothie with strawberries. I made the usual (1 cup spinach, 3 bananas, 1 tbsp cacao, 1 tbsp ground flax, coconut water) and added strawberries.

My lunch salad was made from 1 head of romaine, 2 chopped apples, red onion, chopped cauliflower, chopped celery, chopped cucumber, and apple cider vinegar + lemon juice on top. 
(I accidentally deleted the photo I took! I'll have to recreate this so you can see.)

Afternoon snack = 2 juicy pears
and fresh squeezed orange juice blended with strawberries

Tonight, we celebrated one of my best friend's birthday. I got a nice salad at a fancy restaurant - beets, arugula, and apples - and finished the night with a little fruit sorbet made from pears and cherries. 
Happy Birthday, sweet Laura Jo!!

Happy weekend! 

Total calories: 1600

* For more information on this cleanse, visit CleanseAmerica.com *

“The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore

No comments:

Post a Comment